Lee's Lines LLC class creed is to support you and make the class an enjoyable and enriching experience!
Summary of Classes offered
Classes can be customized to meet your need, and are from 2 to 6 hours each. Group rates are available upon request; please contact Krista at Krista@LeesLinesLLC.com for class rates, additional information and to schedule a class.
Since we do not have a store-front, all classes are scheduled upon request.
Our classes are:
1) Couture Creations with Yarn
Do you have lots of leftover yarn or designer threads? Then it is time to use them up and experience the excitement of creating a richly colored mosaic purse or pillow with freeform knitting and crocheting techniques. Handouts on stitches provided. Class Project: Create any size and shape to fit your style
Prerequisite: Must have basic knitting & crocheting skills
2) A Sweatshirt Never Looked So Good!
Create a stunning jacket or vest with this technique of sewing patches onto a sweatshirt. Your creation will not look like anyone else’s. Work is done during class, with sewing is done outside of class. The class provides step-by-step instruction.
Prerequisite: Able to sew straight, zigzag, or decorative stitch with a sewing machine.
3) Ruching Techniques to make Flowers & Leaves – with wire-edged ribbon and bias silk ribbon
Give your fiber art a new dimension with ribbon. Create beautiful bouquets of ruched flowers, leaves, and edging to embellish your quilts, purses, garments, embroidery projects, and so much more. Ruching is the gathering of ribbon using the running stitch. Yes, it is that easy. Handouts on techniques provided.
Class project: At least 8 basic ruching techniques taught
4 & 5) Basic Embroidery by Hand
Basic embroidery stitches are the foundation to progress into Crazy Quilting. This class begins with reviewing the different types of threads, needles, fabrics, and tools used in embroidery. Handouts on stitches provided.
Class project: Stitch journal/sampler booklet of basic embroidery stitches, including but not limited to: Stem, fly, feather, lazy daisy, chain, colonial knot, herringbone, French knot, buttonhole, and couching.
Note: This class is offered at two levels: Beginner and intermediate. The intermediate class focuses on more advanced embroidery stitches to add to your stitch journal.
6 & 7) Silk Ribbon Embroidery by Hand
Give your wearable's and accessories a fashion boost. Expand your hand embroidery skills by learning to create with silk ribbon. Handouts on stitches provided. Prerequisite: Basic Embroidery Skills
Class project: Stitch journal/sampler booklet of basic ribbon embroidery stitches.
Note: This class is offered at two levels: Beginner and intermediate. The intermediate class project is a stitch journal of silk ribbon flowers.
8) Beginning Crazy Quilting by Hand
This Victorian art form uses scrap fabrics and embellishments. Learn how to design a crazy quilted creation using: fabrics, embroidery stitches, lace, and threads. Become skilled at combination embroidery stitches and crazy quilt stitches. Handouts on stitches provided. Prerequisite: Basic Embroidery Skills
Class Project: 12" pillow top and a stitch journal.
9) Intermediate Crazy Quilt Embellishing by Hand
This class focuses on embellishing an already pieced item, preferably a muslin backed crazy quilt pieced item. You will learn how to embellish using: fabrics, embroidery stitches, laces, beads, buttons, charms, silk ribbon, wired ribbon, and threads. This class will also introduce you to more crazy quilt combination stitches.
Handouts on stitches provided.
Prerequisite: Your own pieced crazy quilted creation to embellish in class; Basic Embroidery Skills; and Basic Crazy quilting stitches.
Our Class Policies:
* Classes are scheduled upon request
* All classes are held at the instructor's studio, unless other arrangements are made at no cost to the instructor.
* Refunds are given only if notice is received 72 hours prior to the 1st class session.
* Lee's Lines LLC reserves the right to cancel or reschedule sessions for any reason.
* No discounts are given when class is held in a shop.
* For consideration of allergies, please refrain from wearing scented products.
* For the duration of a class, students are entitled to a 15% discount on notions, books, & patterns; based on availability. Discount does not apply to yarn, fabric, or any items published by Lee's Lines LLC.
We look forward to hearing from you to schedule a class.